Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting There: A Work in Progress

     Well, there's not much to say today.  Yesterday Hubby strolled into the office and signed his forms to get our orders.  Now we're just waiting on Levy section to get us one more form and we'll be good to go.  We were going to go to a financial briefing today, but alas, we found out that you must have your orders in hand in order to get PCS financial advice.  It was a sad moment, but fortunately, we found it out while being proactive (and nosey) online before we went. :) Aren't we smart?

     We are going to a briefing tomorrow though.  And this one we are POSITIVE we don't need orders for. It's the Korea briefing.  I'm hopeful that we will plunge to the depths of everything Korea and come back up well informed citizens made better for the experience.  Speaking of Korea, I hear it's pretty nice for Americans over there now.  We have been relocated to our very own little slice of heaven and many families are being allowed over, meaning I have a fighting chance of spending the next 2-3 years of my life soaking up the culture of Korea.  :)  I have even heard tell that there are Korean language classes on post which I intend on frequenting.  No use being in a foreign country and not learning their language.  It will come in especially handy when I go grocery shopping at the Korean markets.  Yes, I fully intend on immersing us while we're there.  What better way to learn about different countries than to go there and become involved.  I'm super excited.

     And, that's all folks! Sayonara till tomorrow. (Yes, I know "sayonara" is Japanese, but it will just have to do 'till I learn the Korean word for goodbye. *wink*)

No comments:

Post a Comment