Friday, August 10, 2012

In Continuance

     I'm back with my morning cup of coffee in hand! Now where was I, ah, yes--orders.  Once you have turned in all things related to your orders, they should be available within 10 days from your unit.

     After receiving your orders you can get to the good stuff, the stuff I'm dying to get to because I have this underlying fear that if we don't get started early, the horror stories of command sponsorship taking forever will come true for us! Personally, I would like to go over to Korea with my husband as opposed to significantly later than my husband, but then again, maybe that's just me.  In order to obtain command sponsorship, you must do two things. Fill out DA Form 4787 for reassignment processing, and set up your EFMP screening which will take care of your DA Form 5888. If are one of the lucky ones who has already gone through the EFMP screening, they ask that you make sure that everyone in the family has a current physical on file.

     Not to worry, I will chronicle our adventures through actually obtaining our orders and securing command sponsorship as we go through them. As for now, we will go to numerous briefs on various subjects such as finance, ticketing to get to Korea, a Korea brief, and moving 1 on 1 counseling (which I greatly look forward to since we are planning on doing a split Dity/Army movers moving).

     Phew, I think I'm done for now.  Off to schedule our Korea briefing and to try to get my EFMP screening jump started! Catch y'all later!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment